Sunday, September 8, 2013

Halloween Happiness Swap Card





Hello, stamping friends!  It's been awhile, hasn't it?  Well, I thought I'd pop in tonight and show you a card that I created recently for a swap that I was in.  If you're not familiar with a swap, you gather a group of people either online or in real life and you each make a set number of identical cards.  Then one person gathers them and distributes one of each card back to each participant.  That way you get back many different cards.  It's a great way to get a nice stash of cards using materials that might be different from your own.  This is the card I made to send everyone.  I've always been more of a happy or cutesy Halloween-type person rather than the ghoulish and scary type, so when I saw this single stamp, I knew it was just my style.  I also don't do much for Halloween crafts, so I couldn't justify a full new Halloween set, but at $9.95 and one stamp, I felt like it was justifiable.  So enjoy!

Stamp: Halloween Happiness
Paper: Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper, Cardstock in Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, and Early Espresso
Other: Tasteful Trim die, button and linen thread

Tip: In order to get several colors on your stamp, cover your whole stamp with Pumpkin Pie ink, the color over the words with Basic Black and the stems/leaves with Early Espresso.  Then breathe or "huff" the ink to remoisten it and stamp it onto the paper.

It's not too late to get started on your Halloween projects, and I'd be happy to help you do so...just let me know!  Also, check back tomorrow for another example using this great set!

Until then, happy stamping!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover