Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Home Sweet Home DSC #176 - By the Tide







Hello, blog hoppers!  How are you tonight?  I was so excited when I found out this week's inspiration was the clean look of blue with white and nautical themes.  You didn't have to go with a nautical theme - but I got married on a beach, and married into a sailing family, so I'm a little partial to "beachy-ness" right now! 

Also, I recently discovered how much I love Pacific Point.  We've had this color in our catalog for a long time now, and I've had a pack of Pacific Point cardstock for years, but up until recently I had only used one sheet.  I'm not sure why it took me so long to truly appreciate this color, but rest assured, I have finally seen the light! 

This card came together pretty easily.  I knew I wanted to use the "By the Tide" stamp set, and I wanted to use patterned paper that had Pacific Point on it, which led me to the Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper Pack.  Circles always make me think of the portal windows on ships, so I incorporated some nested circles as my focal point. To add a little more interest to the layered circles, I pierced a ring of circles as well.  I always think of rope when I think of nautical things so I reached for my Whisper White Baker's Twine. I found a button in my stash from a long-ago retired pack of buttons (which just proves it's okay to buy and hoard things you like because you will eventually use them).  I decided to add a little more interest by hand-cutting the fish and then popping them up with dimensionals .  I'm pretty pleased with the result - I hope it inspires you!  

Here is the photo that inspired me:



To see how my friends interpreted this challenge, please follow these links!  Happy stamping and happy blog hopping!  

Michelle Harrington *that's me
  
PS - don't neglect the inside of your cards and envelopes - decorating them can make for a fun surprise as the recipient opens the envelope and then the card!  Here's what I came up with:

4 comments:

  1. Great use of that paper. I am always looking for DSP to use with this set, too. LOVE your layout and how you decorated the inside, too. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the nautical theme! The coloring of the inside of the envelope adds true elegance, I love it! How did you do it? I will certainly try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stampin' Up! makes a die for this - it's a set of 3: http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=132172 The largest die cuts a liner perfectly sized for their medium envelopes! It's so fun. I've found I can use a 6x6 sheet of paper without hardly any waste. Thanks for checking out my blog - I appreciate it!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover