Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Making Flowers from Foxes - DOstamper STARS Challenge - DSC #194 starring the Fox Builder Punch




This week's challenge was to use a NEW stamp - so something that was new to this year's annual catalog or something from the yet-to-be-released-to-the-public Holiday Catalog.  So far, I only have one new punch, the Fox Builder punch,...so guess who got out to play?  Yup, this little critter.  I am going to have soooo much fun with this little guy!  

So, about this project...one of the reasons I love to buy (and keep) the punches is because you never know what sort of punch art you can create with them.  There are tons of ideas on Pinterest and online galleries, so I have never regretted buying and saving these tools.  Today I wanted to look at the punch a little differently...I have seens TONS of cute cards already using the fox as a fox, cat, skunk, squirrel and other critters.  But I wanted to challenge myself to think outside the box.  Low and behold, I noticed that part of the punch layered to create a pretty little flower. 

What are some of your favorite "outside-the-box" uses for Stampin' Up! punches?

Here's what the Fox Builder punch looks like!

And here's how I punched out the flower parts - it took 4 pieces to make this flower.



To make this, you’ll need:



To see how my friends used their new punches, check our their blogs by clicking on the links below...

6 comments:

  1. I love the flower...great idea! Thanks for playing along with this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge! (PS...funny how your initials spell MEH!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my mom has always bragged about how well she thought through my name and didn't give me initials that spelled anything bad or funny...which was probably true back in the late 70's, but "meh" is a thing now! :)

      Delete
  2. Very creative use of the Fox Builder Punch, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Michelle. It always amazes me how I too but punches and end up using them for totally different reasons they were intended to be used for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your creativity! I also giggled when I saw your initials spelled "MEH"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha...remember when that stamp came out? I did consider buying it then but if I recall that was the only part of that set I really liked so I didn't.

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover