Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My grandmother LOVES the color blue and flowers, so when creating this card for her birthday, I wanted to incorporate those elements.  Lucky for me, I have the fun Mixed Bunch stamp set and the coordinating Blossom Punch to stamp and then punch my image with.  As you might be able to tell, I wet embossed the blue flower.  You might be wondering how I did that...it's pretty easy...ink your stamp with Versamark ink followed by any color classic ink pad, then stamp your image onto paper.  Working quickly, apply clear embossing powder and heat with our heat tool. I love using colored embossing powder when its available because the image is more solid, but this method works when you don't have the right color at your fingertips. I also used the Versamark pad to create watermarks on the Crumb Cake cardstock.  The leaves behind the flower image are from our Little Leaves Sizzlet.  I also used our Pearl Basic Jewels to fill in all the polka dots on the center of the flower.  The scallop trim was cut using our Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover