Thursday, February 28, 2013

Playing with Pleasant Poppies - Day 2

If you would like to pin this to Pinterest, please hover over the image and then click on the P. 

I was cruising Splitcoaststampers.com one evening (if you haven't been there, check it out - TONS of stamping ideas!!!), when I came across this beautiful card by Karen Barber (actually, all of her work is just beautiful).

So, I adapted the card a bit to fit the supplies I had on hand and this is what I came up with.  A little simpler than hers, but still pretty, I think.  I showed these poppy cards to my mom and of the four, this one is her favorite (but she's a sucker for anything with gingham or polka dots).

To make this card, you'll need:

Paper: Whisper White, Poppy Parade (retired), and Basic Black cardstock
Ink: Basic Black Craft Ink, Old Olive marker, Poppy Parade refill ink (retired)
Stamps: Pleasant Poppies (background stamp)
Other: Adhesive (I used Snail), Black Embossing Powder, ribbon (I just used up a piece from my stash), Big Shot, Bigz XL Tasteful Trim die (that's how I got the large scallop at the bottom), Aqua Painter (use with ink refills to achieve the watercolored look).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover