Wednesday, September 26, 2018

DOStamper Stars Challenge - Sketch Pad DSC #299



Good evening!  The last few weeks we have been treated to some cooler weather, with a few hot days mixed in.  The leaves are turning and starting to fall.  The smell of leaves, fire and harvest are in the air.  So, after coming in from a golden evening playing outside with my daughter, I was in the mood to make something fall.  I used the sketch below, but turned it on its side and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I have the perfect recipient in mind, too!

The colors I used are Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, and Old Olive.  I used the new Buffalo Check background stamp and the Falling for Leaves stamp set and accented it with a simple strip of Braided Linen Trim.   I watercolored with my ink refills and an Aquapainter on our watercolor paper.  That was so relaxing!!!  You have to try it if you haven't.  To give it a little dimension I heat embossed the leaf image.  That also helped keep the ink in place -though there are a few places where it escaped.  And that's okay.  I was going for a rustic look anyway!  Happy stamping!!!


2 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Great idea using the buffalo check background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! The Buffalo Check is a great compliment to the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover