Monday, October 18, 2010

Some Serious Swapping: Season of Friendship


I've been doing some serious swapping this fall and having a blast. It has been fun to create cards & also fun to get some beautiful and inspiring cards back! Thanks to everyone who participated in the same swaps as me...you did great work.

This card is one that I created for a Christmas swap. I stamped the tree (from the Season of Friendship stamp set) in Early Espresso ink onto Early Espresso cardstock and then cut it out by hand with my Paper Snips.

Next I cut a rectangle of Whisper White cardstock, and stamped the snowflakes (also from Season of Friendship) on it with VersaMark ink, sprinkled with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat set it. Then I mounted that rectangle on a slightly larger rectangle of Cherry Cobbler cardstock and accented with two Cherry Cobbler brads from the Regals brad assortment pack.

That was all mounted on the card, which I had made by mounting a large rectangle of our Candy Cane Christmas designer series paper adorned with Early Espresso ribbon onto a card made from Early Espresso cardstock. Then I adhered down the tree, stamped the cheery red bird (also from the Season of Friendship set) and called it done. I think it turned out pretty cute. I'm going to try one using fall colors, be sure to check back and look for that!


Also, check back tomorrow to see the other card I did for this Christmas swap! Happy Stamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover