Saturday, March 29, 2014

Ombre Technique


My upline, Dawn Olchefske, offers a monthly kit to her customers and downline.  I had taken a break from them for awhile, and missed them so much, I decided to get them again for 2014.  The kits come with everything you need to make 3 cards, except the stamps/stamped images and adhesives.

Sometimes, I happen to have the exact same stamp sets she used, which makes for some very quick and easy stamping. I usually get out my adhesives and small scissors, pull up a show on my DVR and get to work.  But sometimes, I don't have the same stamp sets, and it's then that I enjoy the challenge of trying to modify the project using the products I do have.  This was one of those projects for me.   You can see her original project here: Dawn Olchefske blog.

As you can see, both cards are great.  I didn't have the fringe scissors, so I chose to leave the simple, straight edges of the cardstock layer.  I kept the ribbon, rhinestones, and the idea of one large sentiment.  You might notice, I chose a different sentiment...mine came from "Feel Goods" (wood #131916; cling-mount #129684).  It also would have been fine to chose an image, rather than a sentiment, to fill up the space.

Because I didn't have the fringe as the focal point anymore, I decided to add some detail by stamping some flower images from the Secret Garden set to create a background for the sentiment.  I think that added just enough interest.  You'll notice that I chose to use the lighter pink for the solid images and the darker colors for the line images.  That helped to keep the images from competing with the sentiment.  I chose to stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray rather than Basic Black to keep it from being too bold.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover