Friday, April 15, 2016

Party Pennants Baby Shower



Good morning!  It’s Friday, and I can’t wait for the weekend.  I have a ladies’ night with my mom tonight, a craft day planned with friends on Sunday, and the rest of the time reserved for my sweet hubby.  Maybe I’ll even have a bit of time to stamp this weekend….one can hope!   

Anyway, remember last week when I posted the CLEARANCE RACK deals?  (If you don’t recall, here’s the link to my clearance rack).  Well, one of the items on there is the Party Pennants Die.  I don’t know about you, but I sort of ignored this die when it was in the catalog.  Banners were trendy (and still are) but I didn’t have kids, so I was thinking I probably wouldn’t be throwing any birthday parties that would require banners.  But then, I recently got ahold of it and now I can’t imagine why I ever thought that.  I put it to use for the first time when planning the decorations for a baby shower we threw at work for a couple of co-workers who were due around the same time.  One baby’s nursery is gray, pink and white, the other coral and mint, so I tried to combine the two color schemes to get one scheme for the baby shower and I think it worked!  See what you think. 

Now, before you ask, the paper is NOT Stampin’ Up!  Because I procrastinated on this (I work best under pressure) and didn’t have enough time to order SU! paper, I had to run around town to various crafting stores to find paper that would work well together.  I think I was successful in tying it all together, but it certainly reminded me of how easy it would have been to use SU! because they have so many beautifully coordinated products.   

After doing these, I was so excited about my new die that I already have a Christmas one planned using Merry Moments Designer Series Paper (which will likely be retiring soon, so get it while you can).  I also thought a fall one would be really cute with the Into the Woods Paper and coordinating wood accents (both on clearance!). But really the sky is the limit – there are so many fun holidays throughout the year, and so many pretty seasonal products, you could probably do one for every season – not to mention you’d have it on hand for birthday parties, baby & bridal showers, anniversary & retirement parties, etc.   

Here are the SU! products I did use:
Heart punch (retired)
Large flower punch (the one I used is retired, but this link will take you to a great substitute)
Leaves came from this punch
 
Don't forget, you can use other shapes and all kinds of ribbons and embellishments to jazz it up!  So mix it up, have it fun and make it your own!




I also carried out the color scheme and geometic patterns with these table runnings and flower arrangements.  We hostessed this party after work in a common space at work, so we needed items that were portable, easy to set up and clean up, and that didn't have to be tacked onto walls or hung from ceilings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover