Friday, April 4, 2014

Best Wishes and More - an oldie but goodie


Every so often I challenge myself to pull out the retired stamp sets that I just can't seem to part with and put them to good use.  And that's what I did here.  The leave and flower come from the "Best Wishes and More" set, which is a retired Stampin' Up! set.  Also in that set are a heart, a snowflake, a bird, and a couple sentiments, which makes it a wonderfully versatile set.  I stamped the leaf in Crumb Cake on a Crumb Cake cardstock base.  Then I ran a strip of Bashful Blue (retired) through the Big Shot machine in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (#117335).  Once I adhered that to the card front, I covered up the seam with some Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon (retired) by adhering it with some Sticky Strip (#104294).  Then I created the square by stamping the flower in Daffodil Delight on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, and then cutting it out with my paper snips.  I placed a button on my stash on it and tied some thread through the holes.  I stamped the leaf in Pumpkin Pie and cut it out, then layered them both on a Whisper White square, which was then matted in Bashful Blue and Pumpkin Pie.  I ended up making 8 of these card, and sent most of them out right away as thank you's and thinking of you's.

 If you would like any of these items, please come shop at my ONLINE STORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover