Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Paper Pumpkin's Repurposed Bicycle Stamp


Good morning!  At the start of the catalog year (last summer) I participated in a product share, in which I received 1/6th of each sheet of patterned paper from the catalog.  My goal was to use the smaller pieces in projects and order more of the papers with which I fell in love.  Now that the catalog year is coming to a close, I've decided to challenge myself to use up those pieces of paper, and order any of the "must have" patterns before the end of June, when they retire. Typically, I wait until after the product has retired, and then I'm disappointed when I fall in love with it and can't get anymore.

The first DSP (designer series paper) I tackled was the Birthday Basics line (#130145).  This line features 12 delightful patterns showcasing the colors Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla and Raspberry Ripple.  My first instinct in looking at it was "oh, that's perfect for birthday cards and birthday-themed scrapbook pages."  And it is!  But the more I looked at it, I realized that other than the birthday hats, candles and the balloons, none of the patterns were birthday- or party-specific, and in fact, it's quite a versatile series, so be sure to check back in the coming weeks to see the other ways I've used this great paper.

In the meantime, enjoy this fun creation!  Once I spied the bicycle paper in the package, I realized I had the bicycle stamp from a past My Paper Pumpkin project. I wanted to get two cards out of the small pieces of paper that I had, so I cut it into two pieces on the diagonal and mounted it on some cardstock.  I then covered up the seam with a diagonal stripe made with solid-colored, coordinating cardstock strips, which created a retro feel.  From there, I die cut scraps of Whisper White and Raspberry Ripple using the Deco Labels Collection (#130102), mounted the white on the raspberry, stamped the image in Bermuda Bay, and then mounted the whole thing on my project.  Inside the card, I stamped "hey there friend" from another past My Paper Pumpkin.

If you would like any of these items, please come shop at my ONLINE STORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover