Sunday, April 13, 2014

A Thousand Thanks!


You may recall a few weeks ago, I was trying to use of scraps of the Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper.  Well, the quest continues, and today I find myself using even more of it.  To see my previous project, click here!  My inspiration comes from this pin (original artwork at www.scrappinpretty.com). I thought it was such a clever way to use the numbers in a non-birthday application.  Just goes to show you that even "themed" paper can be used in other creative ways.  It got my mind racing: you could use it for a "across the miles" card, or a fishing scrapbook layout...aren't they always measuring and exaggerating the lengths of those fish?  I hope you like my interpretation of this card.  About the biggest change I made was to use Raspberry Ripple as the card base, rather than Very Vanilla, because it is sturdier.  Having said that, I like the clean appearance of the Vanilla

Supplies used: cardstock in Raspberry Ripple, Bermuda Bay, and Very Vanilla, Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper (#130145), a Candy Dot in Bermuda Bay (regals, #130932), ink in Bermuda Bay, and a sentiment from Lots of Thanks (wood #129687, clear #129690), and a 3/16" corner punch (#119871).  If you'd like these, or other current SU! supplies, I'd be honored if you chose to purchase them at my store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover