Friday, August 21, 2015

Flower Patch All-Purpose Card



Flower Patch is one of my favorite stamp sets that Stampin' Up! currently sells.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to use it for my wedding stationary.  One of my wedding colors was Calypso Coral, so I combined it with Old Olive and made these cards for my bridesmaids...I made coordinating gift bags and wrote a special note to each of my girls and gave it with their gifts.  They loved them.  As I mentioned, the stamp set is Flower Patch, and there is a coordinating die set.  Stampin' Up offers them together in a bundle for 15% less than what you would have paid for the stamps and dies individually.  Nice, right? I have the die set and I love it, but I chose to hand cut the flowers this time to eliminate the slight white border the dies leave behind. I also used some retired ribbon, an adhesive pearl, the zig zag textured impressions embossing folder, and some retired designer series paper.

TIP: when handcutting images like these, I use small, pointy & sharp, good quality scissors such as our Paper Snips.  Also, I turn the paper I'm cutting rather than turning the scissors as I cut.  This helps make better rounded edges.  Finally, I don't open and close the scissors a lot, and I'm smooth when I do.  Instead, I open them wide and cut until they are all the way closed and then open it again smoothly.  This helps prevent jagged edges from where you start and stop your cuts.  Also, I love to add a little extra surprise by decorating the inside, like this:




If I've inspired you to create something fun with this set, and you need the supplies to do it, I'd be grateful if you ordered from me HERE!

If you'd rather just purchase the card, you're in luck - it's listed in my Etsy store.

Until next time, happy stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover