Friday, August 7, 2015

Sprinkles of Life - Rainy Day Encouragement


Last month, I hosted a class using the Sprinkles of Life stamp set and the coordinating Tree Builder Punch.  This is one of the cards we made.  I really loved this set, and wanted to use it in a class because of it's versatility- there are sentiments ranging from friendship to birthday to encouragement, and playful & creative ways to use the cloud shape as a cloud, frosting, ice cream or greenery, and even the cupcake base could double as a basket.  Very clever.  So anyway, to highlight the encouragement sentiment, I chose this sentiment and the cloud.  I decided to use the 2014-2016 In Color cardstock for my rain drops (which were punched with the Tree Builder Punch and covered with Crystal Effects).  I also used Silver Embossing Powder to create a little texture & shiny interest on the clouds and sentiment.  I hand-drew the dotted lines for the rain drops using a Basic Gray marker, and used the Triple Banner Punch and Corner Rounder Punch to add more interesting details to my card.  I based it loosely on a card I had seen on Pinterest.  It had used a retired shower set (Rain or Shine) from Stampin' Up! but I thought it could be easily adapted to suit this set as well.  Unfortunately, I can't find it to give the person proper credit (I'm sorry if that's you..let me know, and I'll give you credit!).  I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy encouragement card. If you like what you see here and want to purchase any of the items (or other Stampin' Up! products), just click on the product name and it will take you straight to my store!  Thank you and happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover