Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Sketch Challenge - Mojo Monday #409


Today was a big day for Stampin' Up! demonstrators.  You see, today we get to start ordering from the new Holiday Mini Catalog.  One of the perks of being a demonstrator is getting new products in our hands about a month before the general public.  The idea is that we would use that month to create projects to show our customers and design classes, workshops and make-n-takes around them....but sometimes, I'll be honest, I end up just starting at it because it's all so beautiful and I don't want to cut into the luscious paper and get my stamps dirty!

I'll be placing my first order from the Holiday mini soon, but decided to get out some of my unused seasonal items from the past few years and play with them until I get can get my grubby little hands on something new.

I looked to the Mojo Monday sketch challenge for the layout of my card.  My original intention was to stamp and hand-cut some leaves to put behind the ribbon on the left hand side, but I decided it was just too much.  So I left it a little simpler.  This card is a great example of how you can keep stamping to a minimum for those times you don't want to get all your supplies out or have limited products to work with.  The paper is retired (from last year) and the buttons are, too.  But I promise you - you will LOVE this year's fall paper (which would work great in re-creating this card)...it's gorgeous and I will be ordering it, so keep your eyes peeled for new projects using it. The buttons are also retired but we do have plenty of pretty buttons in our current catalog, and there will be some beautiful fall embellishments that would work in place of the button. This was the first chance I had to play with our new 5/8" Striped Cotton Ribbon.  I love that it's a bit wider than most of our current ribbon, and that it's thin, which makes it easy to use for different applications.  It's also a little less formal than some of our other ribbons, which I liked for this card.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, which is my go-to stamp set.  There's a stamp for seemingly every occasion and they are small enough to fit just about anywhere. The button was threaded with our simple & rustic Linen Thread.

I hope you enjoyed my interpretation of the sketch.  You should challenge yourself to play along.  If you do, leave me a link to your blog or gallery in my comments so that I can come see your work! :) Come back tomorrow to see another card I made using these materials. Happy stamping!

If you'd like to purchase this card - or other cards and products, please check out my Etsy shop HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover