Wednesday, September 11, 2013

CAS'ing a Hoarded Card!


It’s confession time:  I’m a hoarder.  There, I said it!  I’m a craft hoarder.  I love collecting paper, embellishments, knick knacks, gewgaws, sketches, etc.  Anything that can be used to create or inspire my work.  I’m sure you have NO idea what I’m talking about, right? ;)  Well, recently I decided that it has gotten a little out of hand.  So, in an effort to use what I have, I decided to tackle this project.  You see, a few years back my upline sent me this wonderful card using a stamp from the then-current Faith in Nature set:


 

 It was just too beautiful to actually use.  So I set it aside so that I could make more like it for my stash, with every intention of eventually using that card.  Well, the best laid plans sometimes fail and I just came across that card again.  The Faith in Nature set is now retired, so I decided to make it using current Stampin’ Up! product, and the result is very nice, if I do say so myself.  See for yourself:

 

 As you can see it’s not exactly the same as the prototype, but that is the charm of CASe’ing (Copying And Sharing Everything) – use the original as a starting point and modify it to fit your own tastes, or in my case, to fit what you have on hand! 

The good news is that my version uses current stamping supplies so you can re-create these cards yourself.  The stamp sets are Teeny Tiny Wishes ("thinking of you" sentiment") and Simply Sketches (flower image and the sympathy sentiment).  The Simply Sketches stamp is a hostess set that you can get for free with an order or party of $150 or more.  The gray card was made with the new Smoky Slate ink and cardstock, Basic Gray ink and cardstock, and Whisper White cardstock.  The yellow card was made using So Saffron ink and cardstock, Basic Gray ink and cardstock, and Whisper White.

A little tip: to get the squares of inked color, I pressed an acrylic block onto the ink pad and then onto my piece of Whisper White to get a faint, inky square.  Then I stamped my flower image and sentiment over that in Basic Gray ink.  I found that the images were more visible if you used lighter colors for the square ink "splotch".

Thanks for checking in on me…have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover