Thursday, September 12, 2013

So Sorry/Gently Falling Swap Card

This is the second card I made for the swaps in which I participated.  This is probably my second favorite of the four I made.  I LOVE textures, layers and patterns and this card did all that for me!

I started out with a Chocolate Chip cardstock base.  Then I added another layer of Chocolate Chip, but this layer was 1/8" smaller on each side and had been run through the Big Shot using the Wood Grain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Then I added the layered focal piece.  I created that layer by stamping one of the Gently Falling leaves onto a piece of Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper with Early Espresso Embossing Powder.  I heat-set the leaf, then cut it by hand using my Paper Snips.  I adhered it with Dimensionals to the Very Vanilla layer.  The Very Vanilla layer is 2-1/8" x 4".  I stamped Gently Falling leaves onto it using Crumb Cake ink and "So Sorry" onto it using Early Espresso.  I mounted it onto an orange piece of paper from the Sweater Weather DSP which was an 1/8" large on each side.  I then mounted that onto a piece of plaid paper from the Sweater Weather DSP pack.  This plaid layer is 1/2" large on the right side, and 1/4" larger on each of the other three sides.  Between the orange layer and plaid layer, I added a piece of Crumb Cake Seam Binding.

Stamps:  Gently Falling, So Sorry
Paper: Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper, cardstock in Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla
Embellishments: Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon, Early Espresso Embossing Powder
Tools: Paper Snips, Heat Tool
Tips: When cutting fussy items like the leaf, I find it easier to hold the image and turn it rather than trying to turn the scissors as you go around the image.  I also find that using smooth, long cuts rather than lots of short, fast movements help keep the cut more smooth.

The design could easily be used for anything fall or Thanksgiving related by simply changing out the sentiment.  Also, by changing the color scheme to blues and green, you could make this card into a masculine card for that special man in your life for his birthday, Father's Day or an anniversary.


Come back tomorrow to see the cards I received in exchange for this one.  They inspired me, I hope they will inspire you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover