Saturday, September 28, 2013

Papillion Potpourri Birthday


Here's a birthday card I created awhile back and never got around to posting.  I try to be humble, but I've got to admit that this is one of my favorites.  I just love all the textures, patterns and layers...don't you?  This was a fun card to make, and I'm curious to see what it would look like in different color combinations, so if you decide to try it, post a link to your creation so that I can see!


Supplies used:
Paper: Cardstock (Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Basic Black, Whisper White) and Sycamore Street DSP (polka dots, retired)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Stamps: Papillion Potpourri (butterfly) and a retired sentiment
Other: rhinestones, Elegant Butterfly punch (coordinates perfectly with the Papillion Potpourri butterfly stamp), Little Leaves Sizzlet, 1-3/4" scallop circle punch, Delicate Doilies Sizzlet, Houndstooth Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Scallop Edge Border Punch
Tip:  I used the scallop edge border punch to layer black on black.  It adds a little depth and interest without being too distracting.  It's hard to see in the photo but it's along the bottom edge.  Also, I used Stampin' Dimensionals adhesive to get some depth to my layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover