Monday, September 16, 2013

Joyful Christmas


I knew as soon as I received the holiday mini that this stamp set - Joyful Christmas - would make its way into my collection and now I'm so glad it did.  I used it to make cards for a swap I was in and I'm so happy with how it turned out.  I love it when I can use lots of layers, lots of patterns, and lots of textures, and this stamp lends itself perfectly to those criteria.


This card is labor- and supply-intensive, but oh-so-worth it!  It will knock the recipients' socks off!

Here's what you'll need:
Paper: Season of Style Designer Series Paper, Cardstock (whisper white, crumb cake, cherry cobbler and old olive)
Stamps: Joyful Christmas
Ink: Old Olive (sentiment), Crumb Cake (to make the watermarks on the crumb cake layer), and Versamark (for the embossing)
Other: adhesive-backed rhinestones, paper snips (for "fussy cutting"), white embossing powder, paper piercer, Apothecary Accents die set, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper-Piercing Mat, sticky strip (to adhere the embossed layers together).

Tip: When "fussy cutting" something, I find it easier to turn the paper rather than turn the scissors...you get a cleaner cut that way.  Also, try to slowly close the scissors as you can rather than lots of jagged open-close movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover