Sunday, July 26, 2015

My Paper Pumpkin - July 2015 - Thanks a Latte


Yesterday, I shared with you the cards I made with July's My Paper Pumpkin kit, "Thanks a Latte".  In making them, I followed the directions pretty closely.  Today, I decided to use the set of stamps to create a card of my own.  That's another bonus to these kits - when the original contents are gone, you still have the stamps and ink to play with.

I decided to hunt through my paper to see if I could find delicate, feminine patterns that reminded me of delicate china teacups.  I didn't have to search too long, our new Pretty Petals DSP was the perfect fit.  The patterns here are only a small representation of the patterns in this stack of pretty paper - each of them is striking!

I went ahead and stamped the image six times, once on each piece of patterned paper, using the Early Espresso ink included in the My Paper Pumpkin kit. Maybe I'm too picky, but because these looked like delicate tea cups, I felt weird putting "Thanks a Latte" on them (lattes make me think of giant chunky mugs).  So I picked a small "thank you sentiment" from a stamp set in my stash.  But you could use any sentiment you have, including the ones from the kit.  Then I hand cut them using my paper snips.  I adhered them onto some Very Vanilla cardstock and then on some Old Olive Cardstock.  Next I assembled my card base using Calypso Coral, and then layered it with Old Olive and a piece of patterned paper from the Pretty Petals DSP stack.  I grabbed some retired Old Olive ribbon from my stash as well as a retired Early Espresso button, and then tied it all together with some (also retired) Early Espresso baker's twine.  Voila!  I pretty little card using the stamp set from this month's My Paper Pumpkin.

Happy stamping!


4 comments:

  1. Adorable way to use stamp. Can't wait to try it. Sure wish Stampin' Up would come out with a die cut for this cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! You did an amazing job fussy cutting all those tea cups. Love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty. I just signed up for Paper Pumpkin and cannot wait to receive my new kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect. I was going to order another kit, but this is an even better idea--Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover