Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sprinkles of Life and Cherry on Top Ice Cream Cone CASE





I'm so excited!  Some friends approached me about teaching a class, and so this month I'm gathering four friends together to create four cards using the Sprinkles of Life stamp set, the coordinating Tree Builder punch, and Cherry on Top Designer Series paper.  Wish me luck!  :) This is one of the cards we'll be making together.  I was inspired by this card, but took some liberties of my own.  First, I wanted a little separation between my white circle and the patterned paper, so I put a Pool Party circle between them.  I used the Circles Collection Framelits Dies to cut these circles.  You'll also notice that she punched her circle so that it was more of a window.  It's a really cute effect, but I was afraid that might take too long in a class setting so I opted to just layer my circles on top of the patterned paper.  The angular pattern on this paper (from the Cherry on Top stack) is printed (deliberately) slight off-center.  I want to emphasize that, so when I trimmed the paper to fit the card, I made sure to cut it so that the angles became even more off center.  I completed the look with a narrow piece of Pool Party ribbon, a tag punched with the Word Window punch, and a little bit of Dazzling Details for a bit of sparkle, which was just the right amount of detail, I think.

Keep checking back in July for more projects featuring Cherry on Top and Sprinkles of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover