Thursday, July 30, 2015

STARS Thursday Challenge - Sketch Pad DSC#142




In social media posts around the world people are celebrating Throwback Thursday.  So, I decided to do a little celebrating of my own by using some "throwback" (i.e. retired) supplies using today's DOStamper Stars challenge as my starting point (see sketch below).  After all, just because the company retired a product doesn't mean it's not still lurking in our hoard...er...supplies, right?  So dust off your Topsy Turvy Celebration stamps, and your Quatrafancy Designer Series Paper and play along!  The other elements are all current supplies, and as an added bonus, the Melon Mambo 3/8" Satin Stitched Ribbon is on sale this week, along with some other colors of the same style of ribbon. Doesn't get better than that, does it?

As I mentioned, most of the supplies I used are retired.  If you really love them, you may be able to find them on Etsy or Ebay.  Otherwise, I'm sure you can find some fun, current supplies that will meet your needs...can I suggest the boldly beautiful Bohemian Designer Series Paper and the candles from the Build a Birthday stamp set (which is bigger than Topsy Turvy, but just as fun in terms of versatility and playing with different combinations of the elements to create unique cakes and candles)?

My friends have also played with this sketch this week, and you can see their work by clicking on their names:
Connie Plaumann
Sharon Bennett
Ashley Simmons
Dawn Olchefske
Judy Wieczorek-Strickling
Miriam Bollinger


Here is the original sketch - hope it inspires you to do something fun!  Happy stamping!

If you'd like to buy this card from me, please follow THIS LINK to my Etsy store.



See below for a list of the current supplies...you can click on any item and it will take you to my store!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


5 comments:

  1. Love your tbt card Michelle! It's always nice to see the retired stamps and supplies being used! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright happy looking card. Nice job Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and happy card Michelle! Thanks for playing along for this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, so funny! I replied to your comment on my blog, then hopped on over to yours and started reading your post-- you mentioned your hoard... Uh... Supplies... (nervous laughter)... Too funny.

    I love all of your bright colors on this card and previous... Happy craftin'!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover