Thursday, July 2, 2015

STARS Thursday Challenge - Sketch Pad DSC#139






 As a demonstrator, I get to see the new catalog about a month before the rest of the world, and I knew immediately that it'd be on my very first order.  It's called Sprinkles of Life and has a ton of images and sentiments that can be mixed and matched to create lots of fun cards & accents for scrapbooks or other craft projects.  As if that weren't good enough, $3 from every purchase of this stamp gets donated by Stampin' Up! to the Ronald McDonald House.  So, really, adding this set to your collection is a no-brainer, right?  I decided to pair it with some of the patterns found in the stack of patterned paper called Cherry on Top.  Many of the papers are food- or birthday-oriented, but many more are generic enough to used for just about any occasion.  This paper features three of the new In Colors: Cucumber Crush, Tip Top Taupe, and Watermelon Wonder.  Working with them for this card made me fall in love with them.  Finally, my card was inspired by the sketch below. You can see that I swapped the stars out for flowers, and I added a bit of a border to the left side of my card, but otherwise it was pretty faithful to the sketch.



You should also check out the way my friends, and fellow STARS have interpreted this sketch:
Robyn Rasset - Butterfly Basics Get Well Card
Connie Plaumann - Cupcake Party Card
Ashley Martin Simmons - Celebrate Today Birthday Card
Judy Strickling - Pictogram Punches Shaker Card
Mackenzie Fuchs - Gift from the Garden and more!
Sharon Bennett - Scallop Tag Topper Punch card
Miriam Bollinger - Wild About Flowers Card
Dawn Olchefske - Metallic Doily Patriotic Card

Come back all this month to see projects featuring Sprinkles of Life and/or Cherry on Top.  You won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. Cute flower basket! Thanks for joining us for this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover