Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sprinkles of Life Cupcake CASE


Back when the Sprinkles of Life stamps first became available to demonstrators, I pinned this card. I just love how simple it was to make, yet how interesting the card looks.  I love lots of layers, lots of colors, and lots of textures...so this was right up my alley.  I love how the layout is balanced, but not symmetrical.  And I love how she used patterned paper to mimic the appearance of sprinkles on the cupcake (that paper is from the Cherry on Top stack).  As you can see, I made some adaptations of my own: I changed the color scheme a bit and elongated it from a square card to a rectangle one to fit in the envelopes that I keep on hand. Doing so allowed me room to add an extra banner. Speaking of banners, do you know how I made these?  Using the new Triple Banner Punch.  The product is advertised as making perfect 1", 1-1/2" and 2" wide banners, but really, as long as you are careful about centering you can make banners of any width up to 2".  For mine, I used scraps, so I didn't have those exact dimensions.  I had to be a little more careful in lining it up before punching, but it worked like a charm.  Thanks for stopping by today...be sure to come back throughout July to see more ideas using Sprinkles of Life and Cherry on Top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover